• Annual Tax Return Preparation: Using your financial documents (we will send you a “Tax Preparation Checklist”), we will prepare your tax return, consulting with you as needed, and then file your taxes and provide a copy for your records.
• Review of Previous Tax Returns: We will check your previous tax returns for accuracy, to make sure you claimed all eligible tax credits, and then advise you if we discover variances.
• Preparation of Unfiled Back Tax Returns: Starting with the last year you filed taxes, we will help you obtain copies of needed documents (e.g. W-2s, 1099s) for the years you have unfiled tax returns to re-create your late tax return paper trail, and then prepare your unfiled tax returns and send them to the IRS and state tax authorities.
• IRS Representation: We will represent you fairly and to your advantage with the IRS in negotiations for concerns such as tax debt relief and settling tax debts so you understand your options and their implications. We will get you the best resolution allowed by law and we will do what it takes to help you stay current on all your tax obligations well into the future. Here are some of the resolutions we will help you obtain:
* Payment Plan – Once you contact AMA-VAF, we will secure a hold on all collection activity. Then based on your cash flow needs, we will design a payment plan you’re comfortable with and negotiate with the tax authorities on your behalf.
* Offer in Compromise – Imagine lowering your tax debt to a fraction of what you owe. If you have little or no assets and a small amount of cash flow relative to your debt, you may qualify for an Offer in Compromise. In this case, the IRS will evaluate your financial situation and calculate a lump sum figure that will serve as a paid-in-full settlement of your entire debt. This incredible opportunity could save you thousands of dollars if you’re eligible.
* Levy Appeals – There are different types of levies that can take place when the IRS and/or State makes the decision to freeze your assets. These include a Bank Levy, State Levy, or Accounts Receivable Levy. By demonstrating that the money was to be used to pay employees, bills, or other taxes, we can obtain a release of levy, have the money refunded to you, and establish a payment plan that you can manage.
* Penalty Abatement – You may not be aware of your rights regarding mounting penalties on your tax debt. You may qualify for a Penalty Abatement (a reduction of these penalties) if you were victimized by certain external events. You provide the details, and we’ll prepare and submit a brief to the appropriate taxing authority. By documenting your hardship as clearly as possible and demonstrating your good faith, we will establish your integrity.
Some representation services are now being offered for a fee.
FOR MORE INFORMATION CONTACT US TODAY!